Many marketers get stuck with the technical aspects of SEO that they tend to overlook the most factors that make websites worthy of Google’s nod, as well as the users’ thumbs up.
Creating useful content and great user experience for your target audience is the first step to successful SEO.
See our Infographic:
Why do you need SEO?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO will improve your visibility on search engines, which results to increased traffic, more leads and conversions for your business. Studies show at 89% of marketers worldwide rated SEO as successful at achieving objectives of improved search rankings, website traffic and lead generation.
What are the Most Effective SEO Tactics?
Studies show that relevant content creation is the most effective SEO tactic with 72% of marketers committing on creating more content. Next is keyword and phrase search with 48%.
Content Creation Leads the Way
It’s not just about writing articles and blog posts, it’s about creating content that is relevant and valuable to your customers. SEO focuses on creating content that people will read, use and share. Great content is key to increased visitors, more engagement, more inbound links and higher rankings. Content marketing must be integrated with your SEO.
- 76% of B2C marketers use content marketing
- 88% of B2B marketers use content marketing
Publish High Quality and Engaging Content
Produce, publish and distribute useful, high-quality, shareable content to avoid the “Panda penalty”. High-quality content gets shares and natural links so you don’t have to resort to link spamming and get the “Penguin penalty”.
Blogging is a great tool for providing high quality content to your customers. Create content and write informative posts that your target audience would like to read, make use of and share with their friends and acquire back links.
Do Articles, Press Releases the Right Way
Articles and press releases that are massed-produced can be tagged as duplicate or poor content. However, when done right, well-written articles and press releases can attract the right kind of visitors.
- 70% of consumers prefer articles over advertisements when it comes to getting to know a company – Content Plus
- 80% of business decision-makers prefer a series of articles over advertisements when it comes to getting information about a company – Content Marketing Institute
Be sure to avoid massive submission of articles and press releases, submission to article and press releases farms and keyword-rich, overly-optimized anchor texts
Use Promotional Copy
Consumers are naturally attracted to promos and good deals and using promotional content can be a powerful tool. Promotional content is a type of content people will share with their friends because of its value. Promotions can attract traffic, leads, customers and keep them loyal.
Share It Socially
Social media has taken over traditional media and you need to use it to your advantage. You don’t just create high-quality content, you need to make sure that the world knows and social sharing is the way. Social sharing helps you attract natural traffic and links.
- 83% say they completely or somewhat trust the recommendations of friends and family. – Nielsen
- 66% say they trust consumer opinions posted online—the third-most-trusted format. – Nielsen
- 70% read other experiences. – Nielsen
- 65% learn more about businesses, brands, products & services. – Nielsen
- 53% compliment brands. – Nielsen
- 50% express concerns about brands, products & services. – Nielsen
Contact us for more information and a consultation!